CANStruction Orange County Results
CANStruction Orange County -Helping the Hungry
Thirteen local architectural, construction, engineering, planning, and design teams competed in the annual Canstruction® design-build competition, in partnership with South Coast Plaza, OC Food Bank, the City of Anaheim, Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC), the Festival of Children, and John Wayne Airport.
Canstruction OC had 9 structures present throughout South Coast Plaza in conjunction with the Festival of Children. Teams have just twelve hours to create phenomenal structures built entirely out of canned food, all of which is donated to the OC Food Bank at the completion of the exhibition.
Structures are judged in categories such as Best Use of Labels, Structural Ingenuity, and Best Meal, and the public can vote on their favorite sculptures for the People’s Choice Award.
Here are the Winners!
1. “Best Meal” went to Fluor’s “Grooting Out Hunger…”
2. “Best Use of Label” went to Southern California Edison’s “We Can Power a Future Without Hunger.”
3. “Most Cans” went to McCarthy and Ficcadenti’s “World Hunger – Nothin’ to Smurf About”
4. “Best Original” also went to McCarthy and Ficcadentis.
5. “People’s Choice” went to WATG + Oltmans’ “Stack Up on Tsum-Thing to Fight Hunger”
6. “Structural Ingenuity” went to your Little’s “Yoshi – Lashing Out at Hunger!”
SABP Reprographics was proud to sponsor one of the winners: also one of our favorite clients.
Little Architects of Newport Beach ! Well Done!
The 6 major category awards will move on to the “International Competition!” which should take place within the next month or so; will keep you posted as well!
The real winners are the OC Food Bank and their recipients! Canstruction Orange County is using “one can” as a catalyst for change to support the 400,000 food-insecure Orange County residents.