City of Lake Forest NIB-Slurry Seal Project for Residential Streets
The City of Lake Forest releases Notice of Inviting Sealed Bids for
Slurry Seal Project for Residential Streets (PW 2015.005A)
BIDS ARE DUE: 2:00 P.M. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 the office of the City Clerk, 25550 Commercentre Drive, Suite 100, Lake Forest, CA 92630, at which time or thereafter said bids will be opened and read aloud. Bids received after this time will be returned unopened. Bids shall be valid for 90 calendar days after the bid opening date.
ENGINEERS ESTIMATE: $400,000.00 - $425,000.00
TIME COMPLETION: 50 working days
BID ITEMS INCLUDE:
- .Traffic stripes, pavement markings, and curb markings shall be painted unless otherwise shown on the plans. Contractor shall repaint any curb markings removed by construction under this contact.
- The Contactor shall furnish the necessary control points for all striping and markings, and shall be responsible for the completeness and accuracy thereof to the satisfaction of the Engineer.
- The Contractor shall establish all traffic striping between these points by string line or other method to provide striping that will vary less than ½ inch in 50 feet from the specified alignment.
- When no previously applied figures, markings, or traffic striping are available to serve as a guide, suitable layouts shall be spotted in advance of permanent paint application. Traffic lines may be spotted by using a rope as a guide for marking spots every 5 feet, by using a marking wheel mounted on a vehicle, or by any other means satisfactory to the Engineer.
- The Contractor shall mark or otherwise delineate the traffic lanes in the new roadway or portion of roadway, or detour before opening it to traffic.
- The Contractor shall provide an experienced technician to supervise the location, alignment, layout, dimensions, and application of the paint.
- Spotting shall be completed prior to the removal of any existing stripes. Existing stripes and markings shall be removed prior to painting new stripes and markings, but in no case shall any section of street be left without the proper striping for more than
- 24 hours, or over weekends or holidays.
- Paint for traffic striping, shall be rapid dry water base paint. Paint for crosswalks, stop bars, arrows other pavement legends and curb markings shall be ready-mixed rapid dry type.
- Ready-mixed paints shall be suitable for use on either asphalt concrete or Portland cement concrete.
- Paint shall be applied in two (2) coats. Each coat shall be applied no less than 24 hours from application of each previous coat.
- Installation of traffic stripes includes placement of raised pavement markers when called for on the plans.
- Raised pavement markers shall conform to Section 85 “Pavement Markers.”
- Adhesive for raised pavement markers shall be per section 85-1.03, “Construction.”
Payment - Payment for traffic striping, pavement markings, and pavement markers shall be included in the lump-sum price bid for Traffic Striping, Markings and Legends and no additional compensation will be allowed therefore.
There is NO Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference for this project.
OBTAINING BID DOCUMENTS: Contract documents may be obtained directly from SABP Reprographics -949-756-1001 2372 Morse Avenue, Irvine, Ca 92614. KLD@sabp.com. or by accessing their website at www.sabp.com and clicking on PlanWell.