Costa Mesa Sanitary District – New RFP- Sewer Manhole Surface Repair
Costa Mesa Sanitary District –New RFP- Sewer Manhole Surface Repair
#204 SEWER MANHOLE SURFACE REPAIR PROGRAM-PHASE I
Bids will be received by the Costa Mesa Sanitary District office at 628 West 19th Street, Costa Mesa, California until the hour of 10:00 a.m. on the 5TH day of August 2014, at which time they will be opened publicly and read aloud in the Board Conference Room.
Scope of work:
- Adjustment of manhole frames and covers
- Where required, the existing manhole frames and covers shall be removed and salvaged and a new manhole frame and cover installed and adjusted by the Contractor in accordance with industry standard practices and as directed by the District.
- When the existing manhole frame and cover is reused (when determined by District), frames and covers shall be installed and adjusted by the Contractor in accordance with industry standard practices and as directed by the District.
- Removing and replacement of pavement shall conform to the City of Costa Mesa and Costa Mesa Sanitary District specifications.
- New manhole frames and covers shall be provided by the District, unless noted otherwise. The contractor shall provide the District sufficient notice to allow for the acquisition of manhole frames and covers if necessary.
- All existing undamaged manhole frames and covers removed from the manholes shall be considered as salvaged frames and covers. These salvaged frames and covers shall remain the property of the District at all times after removal and delivered to the District’s yard.
- Reasonable care shall be exercised to prevent unnecessary damage to the salvaged frames and covers.
- The Contractor shall, upon removal of frame and cover, remove all grout from the salvaged frame and cover.
- Manholes below grade shall be raised to grade using manhole riser sections as directed by the District.
A set of the approved contract documents including plans and specifications may be obtained at the SABP Reprographics, 2372 Morse Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614, (949) 756-1001 (e-mail: email@example.com).