Costa Mesa Sanitary District NIB
Solar Photovoltaic System at CMSD Headquarters
Bids Due: February 8th at 10:00 a.m.
Location: Costa Mesa Sanitary District office at 290 Paularino Avenue, Costa Mesa, California, t which time they will be opened publicly and read aloud in the Board Conference Room
Pre-bid meeting: A mandatory walk through of CMSD’ s HQ roof t op, is scheduled for Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 9:00 am.
Scope of work: Contractor should propose PV System that, subject to the limitations imposed by District’s budget described below, maximizes District’s savings under the appropriate SCE “Net Energy Metering” regulations and applicable rate schedules. The PV System will be installed on the roof of CMSD Headquarters, located at 290 Paularino Avenue. Electrical drawings for the building are included as “Attachment 1” to this BID. It is expected that Contractor will assess the roof’s condition, structural integrity, and ability to safely accommodate the PV System.
In addition, Contractor should design PV System so that:
- Mounting system shall limit roof penetrations. Mounting system design needs to meet applicable local building code requirements with respect to weather and earthquake factors.
- Conduit penetrations shall be minimized.
- System shall be fixed tilt with an orientation that maximizes annual electricity savings.
- All roof access shall be securely locked at the end of each day.
- System layout shall meet local fire department, code and ordinance requirements for roof access.
Ongoing Maintenance & Monitoring of System
Contractor should describe the maintenance required to ensure that the PV System continue to operate efficiently during the useful life of the equipment, and should quantify the ongoing costs that District may incur for this maintenance. Contractor should describe how the performance of the PV System will be monitored to ensure that District is realizing the anticipated benefits, and should quantify the ongoing costs that District may incur for the monitoring of the system.
Plans and Specs Available: SABP Reprographics 2372 Morse Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614
949 756-1001 KLD@sabp.com